My Name is Sisa ( flower in quichwa)

I was born in Ecuador on April 27, 1990. I grew up surrounded by mountains, trees, animals, music, dance and painting. . I am an undergrad student currently majoring in visual arts. Both of my parents are artists so they encouraged me to follow my love for art as well. Painting has always been a great part of me, but I never saw it as something to study. Growing up I knew I wanted to be involved in some sort of social working or helping so I really wanted to go to vet school, my love for animals is huge but my fear for studies is even greater. So I gave that one up quickly. I went to seven different schools in my life and have been homeschooled for several years. Traditional systems are not really my thing. I am still on the search to finding where my art takes me and how to use it so that it actually gives something to others. I have worked with young kinds in many occasions and have seen the impact that even five minutes of art gives them.

Beside all the arts and animals, my biggest passion is rock climbing. I’ve been climbing for nine years and found it to be my therapy, I learn so many things from it just by the falling, resting time etc… Because of my love for climbing I started to look for places where I could live and just climb so Boulder seemed to be the place. After some research I came upon Naropa University and decided to Apply. Now I have been here for almost two years. I will continue to explore the world for new rocks and in a couple months a new journey will begin for me.