We are beginning to formulate our ideas for our Final Project, which will be focused on homelessness issues. We hope to pull together a panel of four or five people, which will include someone who has been a service provider to this population, several folks who have become 'formerly homeless' and one or two people that are currently living on the mean streets of Boulder.

We'd like to suggest that students take a look at a book that was put together as a fund raiser for several local organizations, Until They Have Faces ~ Stories of Recovery, Resillence and Redemption. We are working to have a copy donated to our Naropa library.

There are now two copies of Until They Have Faces ~ Stories of Recovery, Resillence and Redemption in the Allen Gingsberg Library on campus. They were donated by Boulder Bridge House, at my request.

We've let go of the panel idea, but want to give presentations on three areas of focus in relation to the homeless: food, crime and addiction. We've also decided to zone in on older women on the streets. I will be sharing some of my own odyssey into homelessness. We also hope to interview Joy Redstone, the former Executive Director of Boulder's Bridge House.

Joy is currently Naropa's addiction counselor and has tremendous insight into working with this population. We'd love to have her join our class and be available for questions, so I'll add inviting her to my list of things to do!