January 10, 2016

Nice: Naropa hires Community Table to work in the cafes, so they can pay minimum wages to the homeless and marginalized. Now that's "radical compassion."

October 29, 2015

I went from the Moldy Motel in Missoula to a wonderful country place near Stevensville, Montana. It is mostly a wedding venue, but the season is over and lovely owner Peggy offered me the big house for what I have been spending on the hotel ($300 a week). There is deep quiet here, and amazing views of the surrounding mountains. I've seen elk and deer, and a big flock of wild turkey comes by every day to forage the orchard. The bonus is two thoroughbred horses to love on. Rocky Rose and George. It was such an abrupt and magical change that I'm still waking up thinking I've dreamed it.

Meantime, I am working with Missoula Housing Authority to get into what they call a moderately priced apartment. They have a project that is a remodeled hotel downtown (built in 1910). A one bedroom is $545. My application is winding it's way through the bureacracy and I hope to hear in another week or so. I'll just stay the winter with what I have with me (thrift stores, here I come) and then come back for my things, which are in storage in Longmont, in the spring.

They don't call it Big Sky Country for no reason. I think I have *finally* found my next home. It is such a relief to be away from the unrelenting difficulties of attempting to survive in Boulder County.

Greetings from Missoula, Montana! I'll soon be blogging here to share my experiences at Naropa over the last four years. I am currently withdrawn from classes and hope to complete at some point, but am relieved to be away from the greedy insanity currently taking place in Boulder County. I left Boulder in mid-September on a driving trip - a vision quest of sorts - and have had a magical adventure so far.

The ceramic horse making the journey with me was a gift from a trip to Grand Junction. I went for a research project in EMDR and had an amazing therapy session there. 'Flash' is now permanently installed on the dashboard of my 1987 Volvo, Welsch. Yes, I often name inanimate objects! This was the first leg of our trip, and those are the rolling plains of Southern Wyoming.

Since this is my most popular EPortfolio, I'll post my current writings here. In the meantime, please check out our student group, Sacred Sex Salon, and visit a meeting soon.

"A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom." MLK Jr. My hero.